Wednesday 1 June 2016

How To Get Your Mojo Back

 It happens to all of us. Your going along with your day and then something happens to knock your confidence and can leave you feeling very depleted and close to tears. It can happen in various ways-

Feedback from a supervision. 
Put downs.
Coming back to work  after having a baby. 
Hormones and emotions. 
It all goes horribly wrong. 
Bad CQC Report. 
Lack of participation in your sessions.
Being the target of someone's anger.
Insensitive relatives passing comments.
Colleagues belittling your efforts and work.  








When things go wrong you will feel floored, feel like the wind has been taken out of your sails, you feel flat, inadequate, worthless , want to run away and never show your face again.
 It is natural to feel this way but you need to put things into perspective and know it is not the end of world. 

 Start by being kind to yourself, think of it this way, if someone you love came to you upset how would you treat them? With kindness of course. So you must do the same to yourself as well. 

Quick Remedy List 

Look after you.
Have a cuppa. 
Have some you time. 
You need time to regroup. 
You need time to process. 

Understanding It 

People are always going to be people. Why it went wrong. Why you feel like this. Take the emotion out of it. See it objectively. Don't respond or react until you have processed it all. 

What YOU need to do now- 

 You need to see it for what it is, what is the worse that can happen? 
 I have experienced this scenario when I had to whistle blow it cost me my job at the time, the worse case scenario happened, but guess what?  I survived and thrived. 
And that experience made me who I am today and allows me to share my expertise and experience. I got my mojo back !
 And more importantly the residents who needed proper help got it! I promise you can cope with this.

 Action List 
 Remember who you're doing your work for – your residents. 
Be objective. 
And be kind to yourself- allocate yourself a kindness day just for you. 

Until next time keep shining and remember your worth. Do you like what I have shared?  Let me know and also I have created an online AC Academy that gives you support with all the challenges you face. www.actasticacademy.com.

Don't Be Alone!Come connect with me on FB and be part of my online community of fellow AC's at  www.facebook.com/groups/lovejoycentregroup

Until next time, keep shining.

Love,
Ann Marie x

No comments:

Post a Comment